The Tasty Tests: where we taste our tests and tell you what is tasty!
In our ongoing pursuit of culinary excellence, we are constantly testing our seasonings while challenging palates to discover nu combinations of flavors. As true product developers, we understand that not everything we make will be perfect the first time around. Although most of our Tasty Tests are pretty great –we’re still going to share our honest opinions about the results!
For today’s Tasty Test, we are evaluating Sam’s NuSpice-Infused Chicken Shawarma Pitas! Check out the ingredients and recipe below – then see our feedback:
Chicken Sharwma Pita
- 8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 tbsp NuSpice's Chicken Shawarma Seasoning
- 1 Sliced White Onion
- 1 Large Lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 package Low Carb Pita Pockets*
Toppings for Pita Filling
- Tomato Diced
- Your Choice of Tzatziki Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Carefully cut your chicken thighs into small, bite-size pieces. For more authenticity, slice the pieces thinner. However, feel free to cut them to your thickness preference!
- Now, chop your onions into slivers. Add your chicken and onions to a large mixing bowl, and drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice all over.
- Once the chicken is covered in the liquids, generously spread the NuSpice Chicken Shawarma seasoning mixture so that is evenly coats all of the chicken.
- Next, place your seasoned chicken thighs on a large sheet pan. Bake at 425° F for about 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is finished, it is time to assemble your pita! Load up yourpita with your favorite greens, tomatoes, and of course, your chicken.
- To complete your pita to be a true Middle Eastern dish, add some type ofwhite yogurt-based sauce such as a Greek Tzatziki to bring that bit offreshness to the dish. Your final step is to sit down and enjoy!