The Tasty Tests: where we taste our tests and tell you what is tasty!
In our ongoing pursuit of culinary excellence, we are constantly testing our seasonings while challenging palates to discover nu combinations of flavors. As true product developers, we understand that not everything we make will be perfect the first time around. Although most of our Tasty Tests are pretty great –we’re still going to share our honest opinions about the results!
For today’s Tasty Test, we are evaluating Jessica’s Loaded Turkey Tacos. Check out the ingredients and recipe below – then see our feedback:
Loaded Turkey Tacos
- 1 lb 90/10 Lean Turkey Ground Meat
- 1 tbsp NuSpice's Taco Tuesday Seasoning X13627
- ¾ Cup Water
- Salt to taste
- White Onion
- Diced Tomatoes
- Your Preferred Mexican Cheese Blend
- Wash and prep your vegetables by chopping the cilantro, onions and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Heat up your pan on medium high heat. Once the pan is warmed, add in the ground turkey while excessively breaking up the meat as it browns. When the meat is about 75% browned and broken apart, drain the excess fat that was produced.
- Once drained, add in the water and seasoning. Mix the seasoning in well with the meat and keep stirring and mashing to ensure the meat does not clump up. Keep stirring until most of the water is absorbed. Once the water is mostly absorbed and your meat is slightly saucy, it's almost time to plate. Set aside.
- Warm up your tortillas with your preferred method, or take the carb-conscious route and grab your favorite salad mix. Now, pile on those toppings!
Tasty Test: These are definitely some of the best turkey tacos I’ve ever tasted! The meat was cooked perfectly, leaving just the right amount of moisture to keep it juicy but not too over-bearing. By using turkey rather than beef, the meat was not overly greasy or heavy which made it easier to eat a lot more; probably more than I should have! The seasoning was a perfect blend that reminded me of traditional beef tacos with a bit of a kick towards the end of the bite that kept me wanting more. I thought the seasoning had just the right amount of salt, though Jessica stated she believes she should have added an extra pinch while cooking. Definitely a must try the next time you want some tacos, NuSpice approved!